Tom Ford launched a line of menswear, beauty, eyewear, and accessories in 2006, named after himself, ‘Tom Ford’. Dominico De Sole became chairman of the Tom Ford label. Ford has described ‘the Tom Ford customer’ as international, cultured, well traveled, and possessing disposable income. For women, he added ‘strong women, … intelligent women who know their own style’.
Tom Ford’s 9 things every man should have:
- ‘A sense of humour.’
- ‘A daily read of the newspaper.’
- ‘A sport that you love and are good at.’
- ‘A good cologne that becomes a signature.’
- ‘A well cut dark suit.’
- ‘A pair of classic black lace-up shoes.’
- ‘A smart blazer.’
- ‘The perfect pair of dark denim’
Tom Ford Interview
Tom Ford is not about to create budget-priced fashion: his clothes offer high-net-worth individuals membership of a very exclusive club, and he has little desire to change that. In launching a men’s underwear range, however, he will open the door to a new consumer.