Last update at 23 · 07 · by milo‧‧‧ One of 808
It doesn’t take a genius to keep our planet clean.
- LEARN all you can. Read, surf the web and experience the ocean directly.
- Be a SMART SHOPPER. Ask grocery stores and restaurants about the source of their seafood.
- CONSERVE water. Be careful when washing your car or watering your lawn.
- REDUCE household pollutants. Cut down and properly dispose of herbicides, peticides and cleaning products.
- REDUCE waste. Dispose of trash properly. Where possible, recycle, re-use, and compost.
- REDUCE automobile pollution. Use fuel efficient vehicles or carpol. Recycle moter oil and repair oil and air conditioning leaks.
- PROTECT ocean wildlife. Don’t dispose of fishing lines, nets, or plastic items in or near the water.
- BE CONSIDERATE of sealife habitats. Don’t bother sea birds, mammals, and turles or their nesting grounds. Support marine protected areas.
- GET INVOLVED. Take part in a beach cleanup or other ocean-related activities.
- CARE! PASS ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE!
Save the Ocean
Saline water covers approximately 360,000,000 km2 (140,000,000 sq mi) and is customarily divided into several principal oceans and smaller seas, with the ocean covering approximately 71% of Earth's surface and 90% of the Earth's biosphere.